Planning your visit
This page contains essential information about planning your visit to Highgrove for one of our garden tours.
- Please allow a total of up to 3½ hours for your visit. This will include the guided garden tour that lasts approximately two hours plus time for refreshments in the Orchard Restaurant and visiting the Highgrove Estate shop, should you wish to do so.
- Please arrive 15 minutes (no earlier) prior to your tour time to allow for parking and security checks, tours adhere to a strict timetable.
- Groups of 16 or more may pre-book meals to facilitate a tight schedule. Pre-booking is not necessary for smaller groups.
- Garden routes are unmade with bumpy and uneven surfaces. We suggest wearing stout shoes or wellington boots and suitable clothing as the tours continue during wet weather.
Visitors can access their vehicles before and after the garden tour
- In the event of adverse weather conditions it may be necessary to postpone or re-route tours around the garden.
- Wheelchair users will need to bring a strong helper with them who must be included in their booking. Concessions apply for access companions. Please let The Booking Office know when you book if you will be bringing a wheelchair: 0207 766 7310.
- We regret Highgrove Garden Tours are not appropriate for children under the age of 12 years.
- Visitors must have a pre-booked ticket for entry onto the Estate. Security requirements will be sent to you along with your ticket.
- There is no public transport from Tetbury to the Highgrove Estate. It is just over one and a half miles from Tetbury to the Highgrove Estate and there is no public footpath. Please refer to map for directions and location.
- Guidebooks are available to purchase prior to the tour or online from www.highgroveshop.com
- More information is available in Frequent Questions.
- Groups are asked to arrive in one vehicle or as few vehicles as possible due to limited parking on the Estate.
- Coach drivers must stay in their vehicle or take a seat in the restaurant.
- The Group Leader Declaration will be collected on arrival, available within confirmation pack and download here.