Location: Orchard Room, Highgrove Estate
What you'll be doing
The Assistant Hospitality Manager will be in charge of managing the day-to-day operations of the Orchard Room and private dining room. You will ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining its reputation and ethos. You will be responsible for the performance and management of the restaurant supervisor and waiting staff, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety in the Orchard Room and private dining room.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an Assistant Hospitality Manager to join us to assist in the day-to-day operation of the restaurant and private dining room, offering direction, guidance, and support to the waiting staff, and deputising for the Hospitality Manager. The main season is mid-April to mid-October, but we are not open every weekend and evening during this time, and the job is mainly Monday to Friday.
You will ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining our reputation and ethos. You will also coordinate a variety of events within the Orchard Room and private dining room and be responsible for the performance and management of the restaurant supervisor, waiting staff, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, health, and safety.
You will need experience working in a restaurant, preferably in a high-profile, busy environment where you have managed a team. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are essential.
What you'll need
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent initiative and self-motivated
- Delivers consistently high standards of customer service
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Extremely organised with great attention to detail
- Flexible and pro-active approach with excellent time management
- Proven ability to remain calm and manage pressured situations efficiently, prioritising and keeping control
- Great communication skills, sense of humour and an even temperament
- Smart, professional appearance
- Team player, but also able to work independently
- Willingness to get involved and help with any duties within the restaurant
- Hands on experience within a hospitality/restaurant background
Hours of work
- The hours are 40 per week - five days a week, worked over a seven-day period, to include weekends, bank holidays and some evenings, although the work is mainly Monday to Friday.
- After the Garden Tour season ends in mid-October, there are a few weeks of Christmas events finishing just before Christmas, when we are closed for two weeks.
- During the period January to March you will be able to take holiday, accrued time off in lieu and generally catch up on work needed before the next season.
If you would like to apply, select 'Apply Now' above and send your CV (stating 'Assistant Hospitality Manager' in the subject line) together with information on the skills and experience you will bring as soon as possible.
View job description