Location: Orchard Tea Room, Highgrove Estate
Reporting to: Hospitality Manager
Working at Highgrove
Highgrove Gardens welcome nearly 40,000 visitors a year for garden tours and events. The gardens are an example of principles championed by HRH The Prince of Wales and put into practice in the gardens of Their Royal Highness’ private residence.
Visitors are able to enjoy the hospitality offered to them in the Orchard Room. Throughout the days on which the estate is open to the public, those who have purchased tour tickets can enjoy a selection from our freshly baked Tea Room menu or a Traditional Afternoon Tea and in the Orchard Room’s private dining room private lunches are available for small groups.
What you'll be doing
Alongside the rest of the team, the Chef de Partie will aim to uphold Highgrove Gardens’ reputation for excellent food and overall visitor experience.
The Chef De Partie role is to act as a vital part of the team by ensuring the smooth operation of an outlet and supporting the Hospitality Manager with management tasks and ensuring the highest standard of food production and service. You’ll be responsible for the operation and organisation of the Kitchen by setting daily production levels and guidelines and delegating to the team
Main areas of responsibility
- Assisting in the day to day running of the kitchen and team.
- Delivering freshly baked and prepared dishes
- Planning and creating menus suitable for high volume and a time restricted setting.
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Maintaining the highest standard of food, presentation and behaviour expected at Highgrove.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Due to the demands on the business, on occasions, additional duties may be requested of you.
What you'll need
- The catering environment can be a physically demanding environment requiring substantial physical effort at times with heavy lifting and sometimes long periods of repetitive tasks. A certain degree of bending, stretching, twisting and constant movement is required and ability to work at a quick pace.
- A high level of flexible working is required to meet the changes in service needed, which is dependent on different types of service requirements.
Hours of work
- 40 hours per week (but more at busy times) – five days a week, worked over a seven-day period, to include weekends and some evenings.
If you would like to apply, select 'Apply Now' above and send your CV (stating 'Chef de Partie Vacancy' as the subject line) together with information on the skills and experience you will bring as soon as possible.
View job description